Warm, vibrant colors blend with appealing textures to create a hot combination you will enjoy all summer. Lavender, lime, magenta and apricot tones bring interest and harmony to your front porch, deck or patio. Our design team has created this exclusive recipe with your container, located in full or partial sun conditions, in mind.
A diagram of this design is available at Squak Mt. All the plants for Vibrant Splash will be grouped together on a table just inside the double green doors leading into the greenhouse.
Please note that we do not recommend planting summer annuals (especially impatiens, begonias, coleus and ipomoea) outside until the weather warms in May.
- Asparagus Fern ‘Sprengeri’-1 plant: Feathery, deep green foliage on it’s gracefully arching , long branches.
- Braychscome ‘Mauve Delight’, 1 plant: The dainty, pale mauve blossoms grace long, slender stems with deep green toothed, wedge shaped leaves. This compact grower will get to 10” high and wide.
- Coleus ‘Honey Crisp’-1 plant: A new coleus for Squak Mt this spring, it features cream leaves shot with green flecks, rose edges, and peek-a-boo red undersides.
- Ipomoea ‘Compact Margie’-1 plant: This trailing foliage annual is a bright lime green with leaves that are reminiscent of a maple leaf. ‘Margie’ will grow to be 8-16” long.
- Solenia Begonia ‘Apricot’-1 plant’: The soft apricot flower on this favorite summer annual is only the beginning. Solenias boast vivid, extra large double blooms with striking dark green foliage. A vigorous grower it will reach 12” high and wide.
- New Guinea Impatiens ‘Painted Paradise Lavender’-1 plant: The variegated green and yellow foliage on this “tropical” summer annual contrast beautifully with the bright lavender flowers.
- Geranium ‘Patriot Watermelon’-1 plant: The warm coral blooms on this prolific geranium stand above medium green foliage. The mounding upright habit grows 12-24” tall.
- Petunia ‘Suncatcher Burgundy’-1 plant: The full blooms on this trailing petunia have vibrant burgundy flowers that bloom continuously. It will drape 8-12”.