Attract butterflies and hummingbirds to your garden with our eye catching perennial border design. Variegated foliage, a variety of textures, and blooms in blues, purples and magentas create interest throughout the growing season. This design has been created by the talented team at Squak Mt. for an area that is 12-15’ long and 3-5’ deep. The perennials selected prefer a full sun to partial shade area, and will return year after year for your enjoyment as you enjoy our beautiful summer seasons.
The friendly, knowledgeable team at Squak Mt. would be pleased to help you adjust this plan to fit a bed of any size in your landscape. All of the plants are displayed together at Squak Mt. to assist you in selecting the plants for your enjoyment.
- Deschampsia ‘Northern Lights’ Hairgrass – 4 plants. Gold variegated grass with pink tips becomes a creamy white as the season progresses. Critter resistant and semi-evergreen.
- Scabiosa ‘Harlequin Blue’ – 3 plants: This long blooming dwarf pincushion flower will form a low mound of grey-green foliage and the taller wiry stem will feature lavender-blue flowers. Blooms from early summer to mid- autumn. Deer resistant.
- Phlox ‘Blue Paradise -. 3 plants: An upright, fragrant phlox with compact green leaves and large blue flowers that will darken to violet. Enjoy as a cut flower as well.
- Lavender ‘Platinum Blonde’ – 3 plants: See article in this newsletter.
- Erysimum ‘Honeyberry’ – 3 plants: Wallflower with clusters of intense magenta flowers rising above variegated foliage. Upright habit.
- Sedum ‘Thunderhead’ – 3 plants: Big deep rose flower heads on fleshy, serrated, round foliage that is gray-green. Sturdy growth habit. Blooms August through September.